Bike Fit Packages
All fits use the same general bike fit techniques. As the levels increase, more time is dedicated to fine tune positioning. Your bike purchase includes a FREE Standard Bike Sizing. To schedule any of our BG Bike Fits please contact us at any of our store locations or via email at: email@example.com
The BG FIT process at Cyclery USA:
Developed from years of working with Dr. Andy Pruitt Ed.D., PA of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine and found only at Specialized dealers, like us, BG BIKE FIT (Body Geometry Fit Integration Technology) is a comprehensive bike fitting system created to help cyclists like you ride faster, longer and in complete comfort, while reducing your chances of injury.
Benefits of our BG FIT bike fittings
BG FIT techs are trained in muscle and skeletal anatomy related to the motion of cycling, common aches and pains associated with cycling, and the corrections necessary to address these issues.
- Pre-fit interview - Every fit, whether it's for a novice or experienced cyclist starts with a brief interview with our trained technician that addresses your needs, goals and injury history.
- Flexibility assessment - This evaluation provides an accurate picture of your flexibility and other physical attributes, including assessment of foot structure, knee position, spinal curve, shoulder extension, hip flexion and leg length, among others.
- Side view - This is a riding-position assessment using your side view on the bike. The goal is to find the correct neutral position that's both efficient and comfortable by adjusting the seat, handlebars, stem and cleats.
- Front view - Analysis from a front view to optimize hip, knee and foot alignment for optimum efficiency and balanced power delivery. This includes analysis of the pedal and shoe placement and how squarely you sit on the seat.
- Follow-up - After a week or so, the technician calls to discuss the effectiveness of the adjustments and to answer any other questions or concerns you may have
We assess your pedal stroke and can install BG footbeds and varus/valgus wedges to properly align your feet/knees/hips for maximum efficiency and comfort.
We can help you ride longer, faster, happier, and healthier so you get the most from your cycling.
With our fitting experience, tools and unique Specialized Body Geometry bicycles and equipment, we can recommend adjustments and products that solve even unique challenges in flexibility, comfort, injuries and power output.
BG Fit Packages & Pricing
BG Cleat Adjustment/Alignment $20
- Set up cleat on shoe/ pedal with traditional alignment.
BG Level 1 Fit $100
- A level one bike fitting will get you rolling in a safe and comfortable manner. It includes selecting an appropriate size bike and then adjusting the saddle height, saddle setback, bar position and rotation to work best for your body. A level one fit can be performed on road, mountain, triathlon, time trial or track bikes.
BG Level 2 FIT $200
- Body Geometry Fit is a 2.5 hour process starting with a rider profile interview, followed by a 20 step physical assessment and 15 step on-the-bike equipment adjustments. Afterwards, your Body Geometry Specialist will provide you with thorough documentation and schedule a follow up session to ensure your satisfaction with your final position. This process is scientifically proven to improve knee tracking, reduce injury and increase power, and is the same method that is used with top professional riders in all cycling disciplines.
BG Level 2 Fit (AERO FIT) $250
- The unique demands of Triathlon require that the best rider position combine a focus on aerodynamics with optimized biomechanical performance. Body Geometry Aero Fit sessions use the standard Body Geometry Fit 20-step pre-fit assessment, and then add specific steps to the bike fit to account for the additional variables inherent to the Triathlon position. After the Pre-Fit Assessment, your Body Geometry Fit Specialist will have a complete understanding of your goals, physical capabilities, and body structure, which will allow them to adjust your bike to achieve the best possible position for you. Most critically, they will understand how to optimize your footwear and saddle selection to help you generate more power with the same effort
BG Level 3 Fit (Retül) $300
A proper bike fit is one of the single most important factors for optimal performance and efficiency, injury prevention, and comfort on the bike. A proper bike fit will not only provide a rider with the most economic means of expending energy, but will also prevent pain that is common in the knee, hip, and lower back, particularly with riders who are trying to adapt their bodies to the bike they already have purchased.
The Retül system incorporates 3D motion capture measurements, immediate report capability, and a millimeter-specific digitizing tool to provide the most accurate dynamic fitting solution in the industry.
The Retül system reads the rider's movements while they are in motion on the bike, and accounts for all three planes of movement (3D). This type of data cannot accurately be captured with 2D video, static fitting, or eyeball fitting. The Retül system eliminates the guesswork and assumptive nature of bike fit. The result is that the rider will have a true fit to his or her bike, maximizing efficiency and performance while avoiding discomfort or injury.
Includes: BG Level 2 Assessment + Retul motion capture
- Biomechanical analysis
- Cycling-specific flexibility/functional strength assessment
- Dynamic data capture of 3D full body movements to determine
- Real-time recording of power output and physiologic response to help
determine optimal position
- Comprehensive digital reports of 3D and 2D body parameters, 3D bicycle
fit coordinates, and bike frame geometry
Note that each fit with Retul is guaranteed. If you are experiencing problems with your fit, appointments made within two weeks of original fit appointment will be free of charge.
How To Schedule Your Fit!
Schedule any of our Bike Fits with our Certified BG Bike Fitter!
Want to schedule a Fit? Want to know more?